Established in 1995, Visual Terrain is an award-winning design firm specializing in Lighting Design for Architecture, Attractions and The Arts.
We currently have a staff of 13. With offices in Los Angeles and Chicago, and an international representative in France, we are easily accessible to project teams all over the globe.
We enjoy collaborating with a project team, working together from the inception of a project through to completion, providing creative sustainable solutions that arise from our years of experience.
Our Vision: To enrich the human experience and quality of life using the visual environment to evoke emotional response.
Our Mission: To lead in design excellence; explore, encourage, and expand technology through the thoughtful application of design principles and our environmental consciousness.
It is our goal to establish a long-term relationship with our clients. We feel the best way to do that is to offer diverse experienced designers, a collaborative atmosphere and an unyielding commitment to excellence.
Each project is assigned a dedicated team to insure the details and coordination of a project can be carried out regardless of other schedules, deadlines or disruptions. Each team member is multi-functional and can step in at anytime to make sure the project goals remain on target.
Our work is typically focused on lighting anything visible to the guests and their visual experience of the space.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Designers Lighting Forum (DLF)
- International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA)
- International Dark Sky Association (IDA)
- Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA)
- International Association of LIghting Designers (IALD)
- National Council on Qualifications For the Lighting Professions
- Themed Entertainment Association (TEA)
- United Scenic Artists, IATSE Local #829
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology (USITT)